Breweries & Distilleries
Have you ever found yourself asking “Where's a brewery near me?” If you’re in the Hershey Harrisburg Region, you won't have to look far for a perfectly poured craft brew. Today’s beer scene is all about the independent brewers, and Pennsylvania breweries are booming! With hundreds of ales, lagers, and stouts to try, these small-batch craft beer startups are following their dreams and creating trendy, welcoming spaces for beer lovers to appreciate their favorite drafts.
Many of our brewmasters pride themselves on using Pennsylvania-grown hops, malts, and fruits. Tröegs Independent Brewing’s seasonal beer, Master of Pumpkins, contains 3,000 pounds of local gourds. One time, they bought a batch of hailstorm-bruised nectarines from a Pennsylvania orchard to ferment their Dear Peter wild fruit ale. If you're in Hershey, don't miss a chance to take their Guided Brewery Tour, named one of the best in the country!
Cheers for Beers
Hershey Harrisburg Breweries & Distilleries
PA breweries make some of the country’s best craft beer, and the Hershey Harrisburg Region is proud to host an impressive cluster of craft brewers. Try a beer flight, grab a snack, then on to the next one! If you can, pack your growler and a cooler; you’ll want to bring home lots of sip-pable souvenirs.
Hear From The Brewmasters
Learn a little more about our region’s craft beer scene from the experts who put passion, creativity, and instinct into making batches of frothy brews. Their individual backgrounds, personalities, and palates for beer make each brewery visit a unique experience. Read more…
Find a Beer Festival
Beer is something to celebrate, and that we do! Grab your tasting glass and head to one of our region’s annual festivals where local breweries in PA bring their best samples for you to try. We guarantee there’s something for every palate: pilsners, pale ales, lagers, stouts, sours, and more. We’ll update this list throughout the year, so check back soon!
- Harrisburg Beer Week (April 26 – May 5, 2019)
- Dauphin County BrewFest (July 20, 2019)
To make sure you never get thirsty, we've put together a tasting guide to the Hershey Harrisburg Region!
- Tasting: Get a flagship beer flight of 8 samples for $12
- Gotta Try: Hoppy Trails IPA is a first-timer favorite
- Tasting: Get a flagship beer flight of 8 samples for $12
- Gotta Try: The ABC Root Beer Float and a side of handmade tater tots
- Tasting: Four 5 oz. pours for $7
- Gotta Try: Green Machine (IPA with Citra and Mosaic Hops) or the Tried and True (Belgian White Ale with Coriander and Orange Peel)
- Tasting: For $10, take your pick between a light beer or heavy beer flight made up of pre-selected seasonal and flagship beers.
- Gotta Try: Their classic Central PA Pale Ale or the loads-of-hops Hip Hop Hooray IPA
- Tasting: Try 1 or all of what's on tap, priced by how many you choose!
- Gotta Try: Start light with Camp Pils pilsner and work up to the super strong Russian Imperial Stout, Dark Necessity
- Tasting: Choose four signature or seasonal 4 oz. pours for $8
- Gotta Try: Their Pig Iron Porter is medal winning English Pub Style brew with roasted malts and hints of chocolate on the nose and palate.
- Tasting: Try 6 from the tap for $22, but ambitious imbibers can opt for all 12
- Gotta Try: Milk Stout put them on the map and inspired a line of silky, smooth and sweet beers
- Tasting: get to know 4 from the tap for $7
- Gotta Try: Excaliber Imperial Stout.
- Tasting: Get to know four 5 oz. pours for $10
- Gotta Try: Their PA Preferred draft at the top of the menu, made from 100% Pennsylvanian ingredients
- Tasting: Four pour flights for $7
- Gotta Try: Chiques Creek IPA is a crowd favorite
- Tasting: Sample 4 rotating brews for $9
- Gotta Try: Belgian Blonde Ale, golden in color with a fruity/spicy yeast profile and slightly sweet malt flavor that finishes dry
- Tasting: A la carte 5 oz. pours, most at $2 each
- Gotta Try: IPA fans will like the TMIPA; stout fans should get the War Bonds Breakfast Stout; and those new to the craft beer scene can order up a Blue Raider Kolsch
- Tasting: "You Pick 3" 4 oz. draft pours for $6
- Gotta Try: The deceptively complex Sunshine Pils. Brewmaster & Co-owner Chris Trogner says, "If I want to get to know a brewery, I try their pilsner."
- Tasting: Their beer flights are $7 and include all 4 of their on-tap selections
- Gotta Try: That's hard to say! They use fresh and interesting ingredients for a try-it-before-it's-gone experience.
- Tasting: Their flight boards hold up to six, so create your own for $2 - $3 a pour.
- Gotta Try: Their adventurous staple Mango Hab or their Dolce Vita Chocolate Hazelnut Sweet Stout (heralded as Nutella® in a glass!)
- Tasting: $10 gets you a flight with 1 oz. pours of Vodka, Rum & Spiced Rum
- Gotta Try: Crostwater is new in town, so sample all three of their spirits. More varieties coming in 2019
- Tasting: Samples of their 5 standard spirits are free, but you can also try two 1 oz. samples of their fresh spirit infusions for $6
- Gotta Try: Their Pennsyltucky Bourbon and Shakey Jake’s Coffee Liqueur come highly recommended.
- Tasting: Get a liquor flight with four 1/4 oz. pours for $6
- Gotta Try: Start with their Single Malt Whiskey, but don't be shy!
That's the Spirit! If you’re in need of something stronger, stop by one of the budding PA distilleries in the Hershey Harrisburg Region for a spirit flight or handcrafted cocktail. Midstate Distillery in Harrisburg is the city’s first distillery since Prohibition, and proudly use Pennsylvania grains, water, labor, and bottles. Stop in for a free tour and a tasting of their Pennsyltucky spirits like Agave Shine, Moonshine corn whiskey, and Bourbon Whiskey, the first aged spirit in Harrisburg. Down the road in Middletown, Tattered Flag Brewery and Still Works make beer alongside tequila, Caribbean-style rum, gin, vodka, single malt scotch whiskey, and fruit-infused moonshines.
Explore Our Region's Award Winning Breweries & Distilleries