Visit Hershey & Harrisburg Announces Leprechauns & Lagers Bonus Tour
The year-round Brew Barons Beer Trail and its seasonal promotions like Leprechauns & Lagers support the local brewery industry and the entire Dauphin County hospitality industry by driving local economic impact through tourism.
Harrisburg, PA (February 16, 2023) -- Visit Hershey & Harrisburg (VHH) today launched Leprechauns & Lagers, a Brew Barons Beer Trail seasonal mobile app promotion. The Brew Barons Beer Trail is a year-round interactive mobile experience designed to draw visitors to more than 30 participating craft breweries and tasting locations in the Hershey Harrisburg Region. Brew Barons seasonal app promotions like Leprechauns & Lagers are bonus experiences that offer extended opportunities to engage with the craft breweries plus limited-edition prizes.
The Leprechauns & Lagers promotion runs February 16 to March 31. Guests who use the mobile app to check in at 8 participating breweries during that time will earn a limited-edition Leprechauns & Lagers t-shirt. Guests can also continue to check in on the original Brew Barons Beer Trail to earn tiered prizes.
“The extensive variety of breweries within just a few miles of the Capital City and Hershey, PA make our region a true craft beer destination and economic driver,” said VHH President & CEO Mary Smith. “Seasonal, or ‘bonus’ trail promotions allow us to both re-engage craft beer enthusiasts who are already using the Brew Barons mobile passport and to help us reach new consumers in our efforts to support the local craft breweries through tourism,” Smith continued.
The Brew Barons Beer Trail and its seasonal bonus trail promotions like Leprechauns & Lagers help to drive economic impact not just to the local breweries, but to businesses across Dauphin County.
Beer tourists typically travel in a party of 4, stay for at least one overnight, and spend an average of $252.38 per person per trip (Bowers, Economic Impact of Beer Tourism in Kent County (2019)).
Based on this spending study and user data from the mobile passport, VHH conservatively estimates that the Brew Barons Beer Trail and its seasonal trails produced more than $500,000.00 in local economic impact for Dauphin County from the program’s launch in 2020 through 2022.
How to Participate in Leprechauns & Lagers
- New to Brew Barons: Download the free Brew Barons Beer Trail mobile passport and sign in as a new user. Tap the Leprechauns & Lagers icon to participate.
- Current Brew Barons mobile passport users: Tap the Leprechauns & Lagers icon and check-in as you visit breweries. (The Leprechauns & Lagers icon will appear on the mobile passport’s home screen throughout the promotion.)
- Mobile app users can see which breweries are nearby, mark their favorites, and search upcoming events like live music or special releases.
- Brewery guests can earn Brew Baron-themed prizes as they accrue check-ins at locations via the mobile app.
Leprechauns & Lagers Prize: Check in at 8 locations using the Leprechauns & Lagers tour to earn a limited-edition t-shirt. (February 16 - March 31)
Brew Barons Prizes: Earn a collectible deck of Brew Barons playing cards with seven (7) check-ins. Earn an ale-can glass with fifteen (15) check-ins. Earn a stainless-steel growler by accumulating twenty-one (21) check-ins. (Year-round)
The list of participating breweries for each trail is identical. Brewery guests can check in on both trails during a brewery visit if it is their first visit - or - check in on the Leprechauns & Lagers section of the app if they’ve already checked in to the Brew Barons tour during a previous visit to the brewery or tasting location.
Participating Breweries & Tasting Locations
There are nearly 500 craft breweries in Pennsylvania according to the Brewers Association. We’re proud to have the following 30+ craft breweries and tasting locations participating on the Hershey Harrisburg Brew Barons Beer Trail and the Leprechauns & Lagers special tour event.
- Al's of Hampden/Pizza Boy Brewing Co.
- Appalachian Brewing Company (Harrisburg)
- Appalachian Brewing Company (Mechanicsburg)
- Boneshire Brew Works
- Boneshire Taproom: Taps@SoMa
- Cox Brewing Company
- Englewood Brewing
- Ever Grain Brewing Co.
- Grateful Goat Brewing & Provisions
- Hemauer Brewing Company
- Howling Henry’s Brewing
- Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant
- Lancaster Brewing Company - Harrisburg
- Lovedraft’s Brewing Co.
- Marzoni’s Brick Oven & Brewing Co.
- Mellow Mink Brewing Co.
- Official BBQ & Brewery
- Rotunda Brew Pub
- Rubber Soul Brewing Co.
- Spring Gate Brewery
- Tattered Flag Brewery and Still Works
- Tattered Flag at Hollywood Casino
- The Brewery at Hershey
- The Millworks Brewery
- The Vegetable Hunter Brewery
- The Vegetable Hunter (Fresh Market at Hershey Town Square Location)
- The Watershed Pub (Millworks Brewery)
- Tröegs Independent Brewing
- Wolf Brewing Co.
- Zeroday Brewing Company Midtown Taproom
- Zeroday Outpost at Broad Street Market
- Zeroday Outpost at Midtown Cinema
Visit Hershey & Harrisburg Experience Development
The Brew Barons Beer Trail is one of several VHH Trails & Experiences & Cultural Guides designed to present the region’s tourism assets in a way that’s focused on – and useful to - a variety of specific audiences.
- Brew Barons Beer Trail
- Adventure Trail
- Chocolate & More Sweet Treat Trail
- The Black Travel Experience
- Murals & More – A Walk of Art
- ¡Bienvenido! (The Latino Tourism Initiative)
Brew Barons >> https://www.BrewBarons.com
All Trails >> https://www.visithersheyharrisburg.org/trails/
Visit Hershey & Harrisburg is the official non-profit partnership-based Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) leading economic growth through destination sales, consumer marketing, public relations, and tourism development in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. The organization, accredited by Destinations International since 2010, is committed to actively marketing the tourism assets in the Hershey & Harrisburg Region to business and leisure travelers both domestic and international. The bureau also leads regional sales efforts to attract meeting and event organizers, sporting event producers, and group tour leaders. For more info: VisitHersheyHarrisburg.org.