2018 Tourism Economics Report for the Hershey & Harrisburg Region in Dauphin County, PA.
This is the most current tourism economic impact data available from the PA Tourism Office for 2018, released by Tourism Economics, An Oxford Company in early 2020.
Visitor Spending by County in PA 2018 (Billions)
- Philadelphia County: $6.66 Billion
- Allegheny County (Pittsburgh): $6.38 Billion
- Dauphin County (Hershey & Harrisburg): $2.48 Billion
- Monroe County (Pocono Mountains): $2.35 Billion
- Lancaster County: $2.20 Billion
Spending in Dauphin County by Category (Millions)
- Transportation: $615 Million
- Recreation: $588 Million
- Food and Beverage: $495 Million
- Lodging: $411 Million
- Retail: $368 Million
Employment Created by Tourism in Dauphin County
Jobs: 19,382 (6% increase since 2008.)
Income: $700 Million
Tax Revenue Generated by Tourism in Dauphin County
State and Local: $154 Million
Federal: $144 Million
Visitor Spending in Dauphin County - 8 Year Trend (Billions)
Represents a 23% Increase in Visitor Spending from 2010 to 2018.
Visit Hershey & Harrisburg