Marketing Assistance Program
The Marketing Assistance Program was created as an incubator to local tourism-related projects and/or events. This program supports eligible Partners with financial assistance for Marketing and Sales programs via a matching funds model
Applicants must demonstrate that the event or project supported by this program promotes tourism awareness and economic growth in Dauphin County.
Marketing Assistance Eligibility
- All applicants participating in the project must be investing Partners of Visit Hershey & Harrisburg (VHH).
- Applicants must demonstrate that the event or project supported by this program promotes tourism awareness and economic growth in Dauphin County.
- A new or start-up event that drives visitation to the destination from outside the region. Partner business must be in or event must take place in Dauphin county.
- A marketing project that will generate incremental visitation to Dauphin county.
- All projects/events must drive visitation to Dauphin County ensuring continued economic growth for our destination.
- Events and organizations that receive tourism grant funding from any other tourism, economic development, or governmental agency may not be eligible.
- Schedule a meeting to go over the guidelines with the President/CEO or VP of Operations.
- Complete an application ensuring that all Marketing Assistance criteria a met.
- Submit completed application at least six weeks before project or event will occur.
- Applicants may be asked to participate in an in-person interview with VHH leadership team to discuss program specifics.
- Within 30 days applicants will be notified informing if, and to what degree, funding has been approved for your project/event.
- Any changes or amendments to the approved application must be approved by VHH prior to execution.
- Creative MUST be approved by VHH PRIOR to execution, including approved messaging/creative.
- Payment requests must be received within one year of fund approval date. Proof of paid invoices are required for reimbursement.
- Upon completion of the approved project or event, a final report must be submitted within 60 days. If the report is not submitted within 90 days of project completion, the VHH agreement with you and/or your organization is considered null and void.
Failure to comply with the terms and conditions of the agreement may result in penalties, including fund repayment.
Eligible Marketing Advertising Efforts
- Radio (including digital - i.e. Pandora)
- Registration or booth expenses for out-of-market consumer shows
- Digital Advertising
- Print (newspapers and magazines)
- Direct marketing (emails, direct mail)
- Social Media
Ineligible Expenses (Funding Will Not Be Provided)
- Expenses related to event production
- Advertising in Visit Hershey & Harrisburg marketing materials
- Traveling Expenses (mileage, meals, accommodations)
- Expenses not listed in your grant application
- Previously awarded applicants may reapply for the same project or event for up to three years at decreasing award levels. Funding will be awarded on a case-by-case basis. Applicants must follow all steps of the application process for each submission.
- It should not be presumed that funds will be awarded on an annual basis, nor should the availability of these grant awards be considered an annual part of any applicant’s budget.
- Payment will be issued against paid invoices. All payments are made payable to the applicant submitting the Marketing Assistance application.
- Visit Hershey & Harrisburg reserves the right to decide on a per-application basis on which and to what degree they assist in a project.
- All funded projects must feature Visit Hershey & Harrisburg creative, visible and relevant to size/ratio of marketing tool (i.e. billboard vs postcard)
Sample Text: “This project (or event) is supported by Visit Hershey & Harrisburg.” All ads and promotional material must include the Visit Hershey & Harrisburg logo and website URL where applicable. Visit Hershey & Harrisburg must review/approve all promotional material prior to execution.
Potential matching funds for approved projects can be up to:
- 1st year……………………………..$10,000
- 2nd year…………………………….$7,500
- 3rd year………………………….… $5,000
- Completed Application including scope of work/marketing plan
- Expected Tools of Measurement
- Anticipated Total Project Costs/Planned Sources of Funding (50% match)
- Plan of Distribution
- Current VHH paid Partnership
- Nonprofit Tax Status Form (if applicable)