The Stories Will (Almost) Write Themselves
Media Pass Program
We have developed a Media Pass Program to process the enormous number of individual Media Tour requests we receive annually. The following outlines how this process works.
Step 1: Review Our Media Policies
Prior to requesting a Media Tour, we strongly encourage you to review our Media Policies located under the About Us tab on this site.
Step 2: Media Tour Themes & Sample Itineraries
Review the uniquely themed media tours currently offered by Visit Hershey & Harrisburg.
- “Hershey Area – Been There, Haven’t Done That”
- “Hershey Resort – Sweet Escape”
- “Harrisburg – Culture Vulture”
- “Active & Outdoors – Soft Adventure”
- “Love the Local – Homemade & Handcrafted”
- “Grown-Up Getaway”
- “Wine Quest & Craft Beer Country”
- Click on the “Download Trip PDF” button at the bottom of each tour page to see the detailed itinerary for that tour.
- Sample Itineraries include times and additional notes for each tour.
- Tours can be customized for media upon request.
- Visit Hershey & Harrisburg may not be able to accommodate a custom tour depending on time of year, availability, lead time on request, etc.
Step 3: Media Visit Pre-Approval Form
Once you have reviewed the Media Policies and Themed Sample Itineraries, you must submit a Media Visit Pre-Approval Form.
- Visit Hershey & Harrisburg requires this form for all media visit requests.
- Visit Hershey & Harrisburg will NOT proceed with assisting any media on a tour request until this form has been submitted with all required information.
- Visit Hershey & Harrisburg will notify you if your request has been approved or denied once the information provided on your form has been reviewed by the bureau.
- Each request for assistance is independently reviewed and evaluated.
- Not all requests can be fulfilled or accommodated.
- Some requests may receive a varying level of assistance determined by Visit Hershey & Harrisburg on a case-by-case basis.
Step 4: Media Pass Process for Your Visit
The last step is Visit Hershey & Harrisburg coordinating the details of your visit with all participating partner locations including arranging for all required tickets, passes, special tours, interviews, etc.
- You will be provided with a copy of your FINAL ITINERARY including any additional information or alterations required for your visit.
- A copy of your FINAL ITINERARY & MEDIA VISIT PRE-APPROVAL FORM will be provided to all participating partner locations on your tour.
- Tickets are NOT provided to Media in advance of visit.
- Tickets are typically held at the Will Call or Ticket Office at each location on your itinerary.
- Proper ID is required to redeem the passes at each location and passes are non-transferable.