Updated September 1, 2019
Visit Hershey & Harrisburg welcomes visits by local, regional, national and international working media to experience and report on the tourism assets and attractions throughout the region. We encourage all media to become familiar with the following policies prior to requesting a visit to ensure a streamlined and productive visit.
PARTNER PROPERTIES & ATTRACTIONS MEDIA POLICIES
- The following media policies apply only to Visit Hershey & Harrisburg.
- Our Partner properties and attractions may have media policies that differ from those listed below.
- Media are responsible for adhering to the individual media policies of each property or attraction they visit in addition to those outlined below.
"WORKING MEDIA” – DEFINED
- Visit Hershey & Harrisburg is able to assist working members of the media on assignment.
- This includes only the editorial side of news outlets: reporters, writers, editors, authors, photographers, producers, news directors, on-air personalities, television and film crews, bloggers, and freelancers.
- The courtesies are only intended for working members of the editorial side of media.
- They are not intended for account executives, advertising representatives, traffic managers, etc.
- Tickets and/or lodging provided by Visit Hershey & Harrisburg to qualified working members of the media are not transferable.
TIMING FOR MEDIA REQUESTS
- MEDIA VISITS - 30 DAYS NOTICE REQUIRED
- Regional, national and international media should contact Visit Hershey & Harrisburg at least thirty (30) days in advance of a proposed visit.
- Pre-Approval Request Forms must be submitted at least four (4) weeks prior to a visit.
- See further details below on Pre-Approval Forms.
- MEDIA INTERVIEWS – 24-HOUR NOTICE REQUIRED
- Any local media requesting a live or videotaped interview should contact us at least 24 hours prior to the interview.
MEDIA VISIT PRE-APPROVAL REQUEST FORM REQUIRED
- Anyone requesting assistance from Visit Hershey & Harrisburg for a working media visit must first submit a completed Media Visit Pre-Approval Form.
- Due to a high volume of media visit requests, Visit Hershey & Harrisburg reserves the right to evaluate all media visit requests on a case-by-case basis.
- We may be unable to accommodate all requests and reserve the right to do so.
- Forms should be submitted to the bureau at least four (4) weeks prior to a visit.
- Submit your request for a Media Visit Pre-Approval Form under the Media Tours tab on this site.
MEDIA PASS PROGRAM
- Once your Media Visit Request Form has been approved, our Media Pass Program will streamline the familiarization tour experience.
- Visit Hershey & Harrisburg will provide you with a Media Pass Menu that includes an extensive list of participating Partner locations.
- The properties and attractions you pre-select from this menu will then provide tickets and vouchers under your name at each location.
- You will need to present ID to claim your tickets.
- If for any reason the attractions or properties do not have your tickets, you may be required to purchase the necessary tickets.
- You can then submit a copy of your receipt for purchases tickets to Visit Hershey & Harrisburg for reimbursement after your visit.
- HOLIDAYS & PEAK SEASON (June-August)
- It is highly recommended to avoid requesting a media visit during holidays or peak season months.
- Lodging and attraction passes may be limited or unavailable for media at these times.
- If your story is focused on a special holiday event, season, date or weekend we suggest contacting us at least 3-6 months in advance for a media visit.
- ESCORTED TOURS
- Media requesting an escorted tour are asked to avoid weekends & holidays.
- Due to scheduling and limited staffing availability, Visit Hershey & Harrisburg cannot guarantee an escorted tour on weekends or holidays.
- LODGING & TICKETS
- Complimentary lodging or discounted media rates for overnight accommodations are selected on a case-by-case basis according to story angle and room availability and at the discretion of Visit Hershey & Harrisburg.
- MEDIA RATES
- The rate for media lodging will apply to only one (1) room per media visit request.
- All additional rooms required will be billed at regular rates and media will be responsible for making those reservations and covering those charges directly with the hotel.
- A maximum of three (3) nights will be considered for any complimentary accommodations request.
- Complimentary lodging is not guaranteed for all media visit requests.
- Media will be responsible for covering any charges exceeding the three-night maximum stay.
- GROUP SIZE
- A maximum number of people per group may apply for any accommodations or passes arranged by Visit Hershey & Harrisburg for a media visit.
- This maximum number is at the discretion of Visit Hershey & Harrisburg and decided upon a case-by-case basis.
- The bureau will work with media to arrange a maximum of two (2) complimentary tickets/passes for participating partner attractions.
- Passes for attractions may be limited or unavailable for media during high volume periods such as holidays & peak season month.
- HERSHEY RESORTS – SPA & GOLF
- The bureau is unable to accommodate complimentary treatments at The SPA at the Hotel Hershey or golf at any of the Hershey Resort courses.
- Anyone interested in these activities must contact the Public Relations Department at Hershey Entertainment & Resorts directly.
"ON YOUR OWN” – MEALS & EXPENSES
- Not all meals and/or tickets may be provided by Visit Hershey & Harrisburg or our Partners for visiting media.
- Those items not complimentary during your stay will be clearly identified as “on your own” in the final itinerary that is provided to you along with multiple recommendations.
RULES FOR VIDEO, PHOTOGRAPHY & IMAGERY
- Visit Hershey & Harrisburg Materials
- Any use of video, photography, or imagery provided by Visit Hershey & Harrisburg for media must clearly identify the image/video as the following: “Courtesy of VisitHersheyHarrisburg.org.”
- Partner Properties
- Many Partner locations have strict individual photo/video policies.
- Any member of the media intending to shoot still or video images at our Partner properties such as Hershey Resorts, The National Civil War Museum, The PA Capitol Complex, Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course, and others are responsible for securing their own photo/video agreements and approvals with those properties prior to arrival.
- Visit Hershey & Harrisburg is not responsible for and will not be held accountable for any legal issues resulting from media not securing the appropriate photo/video approvals and rights from individual properties.
Rick Dunlap, Public Relations Director
Visit Hershey & Harrisburg