Harrisburg Technical High School was constructed in 1910 as a four-story concrete and steel Collegiate Gothic style building. It is attached at the back to an earlier brick and iron structure. The building was designed by prolific Harrisburg architect Charles Howard Lloyd, whose other buildings include the Simon Cameron School, Zembo Shrine, and the Commercial Bank building. Harrisburg was among the earliest cities to develop a vocational education program, a concept that had been introduced to the United States by the Moscow Imperial Technical School’s display at the 1876 Centennial Exposition in Philadelphia. In 1926, Harrisburg School District constructed two new school buildings (William Penn High School and John Harris High School) that included vocational education facilities, rendering the Technical High School unnecessary. Charles Howard Lloyd worked with the city of Harrisburg to adapt the vacant school building for use as a new city hall. Harrisburg City Hall remained in the building until the construction of the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King City Government Center in 1982. Today, the building houses loft-style apartments.