Statement from Visit Hershey + Harrisburg (updated 4/7/20)
Visit Hershey & Harrisburg is monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and its impact on business and consumer travel to the Hershey & Harrisburg Region.
As the official Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) for Dauphin County, we are remaining vigilant to the significant impact this worldwide health crisis is having on the travel and tourism industry in our region of Pennsylvania. Like all tourism destinations around the globe, we are not immune to the significant impact this event will have on our region's travel and tourism industry.
Tourism is a major economic driver for this region as Dauphin County ranks as the third largest single county in Pennsylvania for Visitor Spending, according to the Tourism Economic Impact of Tourism Report issued annually by the PA Tourism Office.
- See the most current and complete Economic Impact from Tourism in Dauphin County, PA (2018).
In order to ensure the health and safety of the public, our Partners, and our employees, we have temporarily closed our offices and have initiated business continuity plans to allow all staff to continue working remotely from home. During this time we will be working on travel recovery strategies for all of our primary market segments from business and leisure travel to meetings, groups, sports and events. We will be ready to initiate these recovery plans once this crisis has been resolved and the public is ready, willing, and able to resume traveling.
Travel may not look or feel the same in the initial weeks and months after this crisis. But our dedicated team of sales, marketing, and communications professionals are eager to resume our roles as stewards of the travel and tourism industry within Dauphin County. As we all work through the recovery stages to follow, we will remain committed to working tirelessly on behalf of our Partners and our community to fulfill our mission as the leader of destination marketing for the Hershey & Harrisburg Region.
- Travel Advisory + Visitor Resources issued by VHH
- Restaurants: Takeout, Curbside, and Delivery
- Wine, Beer & Spirits To-Go
- Virtual Fun
- Consumer Health + Travel Resources
- Local Tourism Partner Resources
- Connect with Visit Hershey & Harrisburg
- Video: It's Not Quite Time Yet...
- Economic Impact Breakdown for Dauphin County, PA (2018)
- Top 5 Single Counties in PA for Visitor Spending
- Spending in Dauphin County by Category
- Employment + Payrolls Created by Tourism in Dauphin County
- Tax Revenue Generated by Tourism in Dauphin County
- Chart: 8-Year Trend in Visitor Spending in Dauphin County
- Additional Resources for COVID-19 Information
- State + Local Government
- Federal Government
- Health Organizations
- Local News Outlets
- VHH Tourism Bureau Economic Impact Report
- Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
- Travel + Tourism Associations
Visit Hershey & Harrisburg is the official non-profit partnership-based Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) leading economic growth through destination sales, consumer marketing, public relations, and tourism development in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. The organization, accredited by Destinations International since 2010, is committed to actively marketing the tourism assets in the Hershey & Harrisburg Region to business and leisure travelers both domestic and international. The bureau also leads regional sales efforts to attract meeting and event organizers, sporting event producers, and group tour leaders. For more go to VisitHersheyHarrisburg.org or call 877-727-8573.