The William Seel building is a four story brownstone and brick office building built on Market Street in Harrisburg between 1912 and 1913. It is one of few remaining early 20th century brownstone commercial buildings along the city’s historical main thoroughfare. The structure replaced a one-story frame house and was erected by merchant William Seel to house Waller and Seel Wines & Liquors. In 1919, Seel leased the building to Kinney Shoes, which operated there until Harrisburg’s economic decline in the 1970s. William Seel retained ownership of the building until his death in the early 1970s, at which time the building was given in trust to the Sylvan Heights Home for Orphan Girls and Paradise Schools Incorporated. Very little of the original interior of the building remains. In 2013, it was renovated into apartments for rent to students of Harrisburg University.