« Back to previous page

William R. Griffith House

  • 215 N Front St. Harrisburg, PA 17101
  • 717-236-4059

Built between 1840 and 1843 for William and Eliza Griffith, this 3 story brick Greek Revival home was constructed on one of the original lots laid out on John Harris Jr.’s original town plan for Harrisburg. The home is situated just above the flood zone and retains its original exterior appearance and much of its interior layout and woodwork. Attributed to architect Stephen Hills, builder of Pennsylvania’s first capitol building, it remains an excellent example of urban Georgian planning.