The original part of the Romberger-Stover house, now the rear wing, was constructed in Berrysburg in 1842. The main part of the structure, a two story frame Queen Anne style house, was completed in 1887. The home’s richly detailed design is unusual for the small rural town in which it is located. Benjamin Romberger purchased the property in 1876 and began making improvements on the frame house there. Benjamin retained title to the home, though in 1887 his son Joseph continued improvements, giving the home the appearance it retains today. Benjamin Romberger sold the house to his granddaughter and her husband John Stover in 1893. Stover added a porch supported by Corinthian columns in 1898. The home remained in the Stover family until it was sold at public auction in 1977.