« Back to previous page

Patton's Fort

  • Linglestown Rd. (PA 39) at Patton Rd., 1.4 miles W of Linglestown Linglestown, PA 17112

Another in the line of forts defending the Pennsylvania frontier, Patton’s Fort stood nearby and was garrisoned by the Paxton Rangers from 1756 to 1763. The Paxton Rangers were a group of local men who had formed to protect the settlers and farms along the base of the Blue Mountains and present-day Linglestown Road from Native American raids.