Known as High Point, this mansion was home to Milton S. Hershey and his wife Catherine from its completion in 1908 until Catherine’s death in 1915. It remained Milton Hershey’s primary residence until his death in 1945, though he spent much of his life following Catherine’s death traveling. Designed by noted Lancaster architect C. Emlen Urban, the home had an open design for the first floor and a specially designed entry hall fashioned to accommodate a cut glass torchiere Milton Hershey purchased for the home. High Point was a relatively modest home in comparison with the homes of many of the other top 19th century industrialists, having only 22 rooms and a staff of three. In 1930, Milton Hershey gave High Point to the newly-established Hershey Country Club, retaining two second floor rooms for his use as an apartment. High Point continued to serve as the Country Club’s clubhouse until it moved to a new facility in 1970. Hershey Foods (now The Hershey Company) acquired the property for its corporate headquarters in 1977. Today, High Point is the corporate headquarters for The Hershey Trust Company.