This 9 story steel frame building on Market Street in Harrisburg was completed in 1914 as the home of Mechanics Trust Company. The bank occupied the ground floor with offices on the floors above. It derives its name from the company’s Chairman of the Board, Charles Kunkel. The first two floors of the building are faced with marble and the seven floors above are faced with white terra cotta tile. The bank failed during the Great Depression and the building was taken over by Feller’s Clothing Store, who divided the ground floor in to two stories. Feller’s operated its store on the first three floors, leasing the rest of the building as office space until the 1970s. The Kunkel Building was the first high rise building on Market Street and one of only three high rises buildings erected in Harrisburg before 1920.