The Keystone Building is a six story brick and granite building erected in 1875 on Third Street in Harrisburg as the State Printing Office. The building was one of the first “high rise” structures in Harrisburg. At the time, the Patriot Publishing Company held the state printing contract and documents from railroad posters to the Legislative Record were printed in the building. The building remained in use at the State Printing Office until it was repurposed in 1897 by Star-Independent newspaper publisher Benjamin Meyers who printed there until his death in 1917. That year, the building was turned in to office space and remodeled; the interior was gutted and a new structural steel framework and 12 inch floors were added. In 1926, the building was renamed the Keystone Building.