The John Todd house is a 2.5 story Georgian style fieldstone home constructed around 1772 in East Hanover Township. The home is one of the oldest in the township, and has remained largely unchanged save for a 1954 stone addition. John Todd was born in 1742 in East Hanover Township to well-established Scots-Irish parents. In 1771, Todd purchased 190 acres and began construction on the home whose fine Georgian construction reflects an awareness of architectural styles beyond the rural frontier era in which he lived. Todd was a Revolutionary War veteran and a successful farmer who had amassed more than 500 acres spread over several working farms by his death in 1804. He never married, and the home passed to his nephew. Throughout the years the home had many owners including German owners who added traditional features such as a hand-dug well, summer house, and cold cellar. The home was abandoned twice; in 1948 and again from 1960 until 1976.