Harrisburg’s Polyclinic Hospital occupies a complex of buildings on a 5.5 acre site between North Third and Fourth Streets and Wiconisco Street and Polyclinic Avenue. The original main building is concrete faced with brick and was built in the Federal Revival style between 1925 and 1926 by Harrisburg architectural firm Kast & Kelker. Two additions designed by Lawrie & Green were added to the building between 1949 and 1952. Other buildings in the complex include the Nurse’s Residence/School built in 1926 and the Kline Building, built between 1954 and 1955 to connect the main building to the Nurse’s Residence. Polyclinic Hospital is Harrisburg’s second charitable medical facility and the city’s oldest standing hospital building. The hospital grew out of the leadership of Harrisburg’s foremost business persons who recognized a need to provide medical care to both the city and the newly growing suburban community around it. It is reflective of a movement from older, 19th century city hospital design to a planned medical campus design that would eventually become the modern medical center design of today.