The Harrisburg Military Post is a National Guard Armory that today serves as the headquarters of the 28th Infantry Division. It has 10 buildings, 6 of which comprise the historic area and were built between 1929 and 1938 in the French Renaissance and Tudor Revival styles. The complex’s most impressive building is the Administration Building, a French Renaissance style building designed by Harrisburg architectural firm Lawrie & Green. Lawrie & Green built a number of Harrisburg’s historic buildings including the Dauphin County Courthouse, the State Museum and Archives Complex, and Polyclinic Hospital. The armory was originally the post of the 104th Cavalry unit of the Pennsylvania National Guard. It provided the unit who had previously been renting space with a centralized and safe headquarters. Other units were also headquartered at the armory, including the 55th Infantry. The 104th Cavalry was mechanized following World War II, and a vehicle maintenance building was added. In 1953, the 28th Division Headquarters was moved to the armory’s administration building and in 1975 the 104th became part of the 28th Division.