The Harrisburg Giants were a Negro League baseball team owned and operated by Colonel William Strothers. Originally organized around 1890, the team played an independent schedule until 1924 when they joined the Eastern Colored League, under the management of Hall of Fame center fielder Oscar Charleston. The Giants enjoyed several successful season before dropping out of the league to again play an independent schedule. They joined the American Negro League in 1929. From 1923 until 1928, the Giants played their games at the West End Grounds located at the corner of Fourth and Seneca Streets in Harrisburg, before relocating to City Island.