« Back to previous page

Harrisburg Cemetery

  • 521 N. 13th St. Harrisburg, PA 17103
  • 717-635-8949

The Harrisburg Cemetery Association was created in 1845 by an act of the state legislature. The oldest and largest cemetery in Harrisburg, the grounds have been expanded several times but were originally laid out in the antebellum park style and are adorned with statuary and plantings of both native and ornamental species. In 1850, a Gothic Revival style caretaker’s cottage was added that continues to be used today. The cemetery is the final resting place of more than 30,000 including the relocated graves of Revolutionary War veterans, 155 Union and Confederate soldiers, several former governors, and numerous other notable citizens.