Located at 311 North Front Street, Pennsylvania’s second executive mansion was purchase in 1864. Governor John Geary added a second identical home and a false facade that created the illusion of one large residence known as Keystone Hall during his two terms from 1867 to 1873. Throughout the remainder of the 19th century, Keystone Hall served as both the residence and official offices for the governor and his staff. Though formal offices were constructed in 1906 for the governor in the new capitol building, Keystone Hall continued to serve as the executive residence until the 1940s. From then until the completion of the current Residence in 1968, the governor’s summer residence at Fort Indiantown Gap served as the official residence.