Pennsylvania’s first executive mansion was located at the corners of Chestnut and Second Streets in Harrisburg. It was purchased and furnished through a state appropriation for $11,000 in 1858. Until that point, Pennsylvania’s governors purchased or rented their own lodgings in Harrisburg for the duration of their tenure as governor. The mansion at Chestnut and Second housed only Governors Packer and Curtin. It was sold in 1864 and a new home at 311 North Front Street was purchased in 1864 and converted into a mansion that came to be known as Keystone Hall.