The Henderson house is a Federal style brick townhouse with brownstone window sills and stoop built in 1829. It is a finely preserved example of the Federal style. Dr. William Henderson, for whom the house was built, was born in 1795 in Cumberland County. An 1818 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, Henderson shortly thereafter moved to Hummelstown where he set up practice. He purchased the lot on which his home is built in 1820 at public sale where it was being offered to settle a debt.