« Back to previous page

Derry Churchyard

  • U.S. 422 (E. Chocolate Ave.) at E. Mansion Rd. Hershey, PA
Overview
Yelp

Located at historic Derry Church, Derry Churchyard is the oldest settlers’ graveyard in Dauphin County. Two of the congregation’s earliest pastors (William Bertram and John Roan) are buried here, as well as a number of French & Indian War veterans. At least forty Revolutionary War soldiers are also buried here, including Colonel John Rodgers, a signer of the 1774 Hanover Resolves. The earliest marked gravestone dates to 1735.