« Back to previous page

Derry Church

  • 248 E. Derry Rd. Hershey, PA

Following several years of informal worship in the area, Hershey’s Derry Church was officially founded in 1729 and called its first pastor, William Bertram of Scotland, in 1732. William Penn’s sons, John, Thomas, and Richard officially deeded the land on which the church stands to the congregation in 1741. The Scots-Irish Presbyterian immigrants that comprised the church’s congregation were among the earliest settlers of the region.