« Back to previous page

Dauphin County Courthouse

  • Front & Market Sts. Harrisburg, PA 17101
  • (717) 780-6630
Overview
Yelp

The present Dauphin County Courthouse was designed in 1940 by Harrisburg architectural firm Lawrie & Green. The stripped classical style building was completed in 1942 and features interior artwork by sculptor C. Paul Jennewin. It is Dauphin County’s third courthouse; the first was built in 1792 and the second in 1860. Planning for the current building began in 1938 after numerous complaints regarding the 1860 building’s deterioration.