Located at the corner of Third and Market Streets in the city of Harrisburg, this five story brick building was constructed in 1836 by Matthew Wilson for use as the Wilson Hotel. The building underwent several name changes and renovations between 1836 and 1868 when then-owner George Hunter changed the name to the Lochiel Hotel, allegedly at the suggestion of politician Simon Cameron. The hotel became a popular gathering spot for politicians for the remainder of the 19th century. In 1912 the hotel was remodeled, reducing the number of rooms to 30 and an auditorium was added. The interior of the auditorium was finished in the Italian Renaissance style, a practice common for early American movie and vaudeville houses seeking to imitate European opera houses. The hotel/theater operated as the Colonial Theatre from 1912 until 1976. Today, the building houses shops and office space.