Colonel Timothy Green was born near Manada, Dauphin County in 1733. He served in the military during the French and Indian War. Following the war, Green became a staunch supporter of colonial independence and served as chairman of the committee that adopted the Hanover Independence Resolves on June 6, 1774. Colonel Green was also a member of the county Committee of Safety, formed to serve as a watchful and protective eye over increasingly ineffective British officials. He retired to Stony Creek where he had erected a farm and gristmill. Green died in 1812 and is buried in Dauphin.