The Charles & Joseph Raymond houses were built on opposite sides of Union Street in Middletown in 1891 and 1889, respectively. Both homes are irregularly shaped brick and stone Queen Anne style mansions notable as impressive examples of their architectural style. The Joseph Raymond home has a circular veranda and square corner tower. Joseph Raymond and his family lived in the home for two years, when it was sold to Isaac Doutrich who owned the home until 1922. In 1922, it was purchased by noted Dauphin County attorney Maurice Metzger and his wife. The Metzgers added modern heating and electricity to the home. As of 1979, the property remained in their possession. Though it is similar in plan and decoration, the Charles Raymond house has much grander and more expensive features. Charles lived in the home until 1896, when it was sold to a Middletown National Bank receiver to pay his creditors. The home changed hands several times until was purchased by Alfred Pellegrini in 1969. Since that time, the Pellegrini family has operated the home Alfred’s Victorian Restaurant.