Introduction to Buddhism
- – Nov 08, 2016
- Recurring weekly on Tuesday
- Kalpa Bhadra Kadampa Buddhist Center
- 251 Wiconisco Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
- Admission: $8 per class
- Phone: (717) 232-2700
Our meditation classes are designed to give a broad introduction to Buddhist meditation, ideas, and practice. A typical class consists of two guided meditations, a teaching on a Buddhist topic, and optional class discussion. This class is open to everyone and is a perfect place to start if you are new to Buddhism and/or meditation, but can also form the basis for a systematic study of Buddhist practice. Drop-ins are welcome. Please come whenever you like!
$8 per class
- September 13 – Seizing a Precious Opportunity: Buddhist Practice in Modern Times
- September 20 – Understanding Impermanence: The Meditation on Death
- September 27 – What Happens When We Die: The Buddhist View of Reincarnation
- October 4 – Shelter from the Storm: The Buddhist Practice of Refuge
- October 11 – What Does Karma Actually Mean?
- October 18 – Opening the Door to Liberation: Buddha’s Teachings on Renunciation
- October 25 – What Does It Mean to Become a Bodhisattva?
- November 1 – Life is Like a Dream: Teachings Emptiness
- November 8 – Why Do We Need a Spiritual Teacher?