African-American Heritage Walking Tours
- From: Jul 01, 2017 – Nov 04, 2017
- Recurring monthly on the 1st Saturday
- Lancaster City Visitor Center
- 38 Penn Square
Lancaster, PA 17603
- Times: Two tours: 11:00am & 2:00pm
- Admission: See event listing
- Phone: (717) 291-4758
Visit 10 sites with guides & storytellers in the historic city of Lancaster!
Tours available first Saturdays from May to November 2017.
- May 6, 2017 - 11:00am & 2:00pm
- June 3, 2017 - 11:00am & 2:00pm
- July 1, 2017 - 11:00am & 2:00pm
- August 5, 2017 - 11:00am & 2:00pm
- September 2, 2017 - 11:00am & 2:00pm
- October 7, 2017 - 11:00am & 2:00pm
- November 4, 2017 - 11:00am & 2:00pm
Safe & easy walk that takes 60 to 90 minutes. Comfortable shoes recommended.
Tours depart from the Lancaster City Visitor Center at 38 Penn Square, Lancaster. Tickets can also be purchased in advance from the City of Lancaster Office of Promotion or as a walk-in, day of at the Lancaster City Visitor Center.
- Adult - $8
- Senior (62+) - $7
- College Student - $5
- Youth (6-18) - $2
- Under 6 - FREE
Sites Visited Include: Bounty Hunters Offices & Black businesses on Penn Square; site of Elite Hotel; Thaddeus Stevens & Lydia Hamilton Smith Historic Site; Trinity Lutheran Church; Lancaster County Courthouse; St. James Episcopal Church; site of Lancaster Train Station; Shreiner-Concord Cemetery; Fulton Hall/Old Jail; and Central Market.
For more information about the African-American Heritage Walking Tours, please contact the City of Lancaster Office of Promotion (LOOP) at 717-291-4758. www.visitlancastercity.com